Uniphore's advanced Robotic Process Automation (RPA) capabilities play a key role in Uniphore's call center Agent assistance and customer service solutions.
Uniphore RPA supports both attended and unattended execution for your Flows. Attended automation adds powerful real-time business agility to call center desktop apps and Agent activities to make your operations run more quickly and effectively. Unattended automation enables easy management and scheduling of your backoffice tasks, as well as performing actionable real-time procedures during self-service sessions.
Uniphore RPA capabilities support:
- advanced response to Agent needs and requests, including real-time response to dynamic events occurring on-screen;
- completely transparent co-existence with other runtime processes and Agent activities;
- no-code or low-code automation sequence creation and maintenance, completely suitable for business users, analysts and non-technical staff;
- creation of unlimited, full-featured automation coverage for additional applications;
- advanced monitoring and measurement of automation activities;
- built-in execution speeds, with zero latency;
- robustness and scalability suitable for any enterprise.
To provide these RPA capabilities, X Platform uses Uniphore's own state-of-the-art JBot, which integrates organically with the X-Designer, U-Assist, U-Self Serve and other Uniphore components.
With JBot, users can create and customize automation sequences that feature:
- point-and-click recording of automation sequences using UI objects while building a X-Designer Flow during design time;
- automatic creation of RPA variables for all captured UI elements during design time, enabling their runtime values and attributes to be updated and used in any automation sequence;
- 'live' listening capabilities that capture the values and attributes of UI elements during runtime execution as they change;
- ability to add automations to nearly any application.
Note: Before you can begin using Uniphore's RPA capabilities, RPA needs to be enabled for your account.
You build RPA sequences directly inside your X-Designer Flows after uploading the relevant RPA Add-Ons to the X-Console and associating them with their Covered Applications.
An Add-On contains all coded functions and metadata required to perform the automation for its Covered Application. Each Add-On is associated with one Covered Application.
When running a Flow, the X Platform Server calls JBot to execute an automation sequence, which in turn performs the required activity in real time. One or more JBots can be invoked from remote servers or local machines, as determined by your configuration.
As you create your various Flow steps in the X-Designer (like any other Flow), you also define the logic and precise context for your automation, making use of standard X-Designer elements like Decision Points, the Allocator, System Variables, and user input from active channels.
A Basic Workflow for Using Uniphore RPA
- Upload your Add-Ons to the X-Console
- Select the Add-On to be associated with a Covered Application and and configure it.
- In your X-Designer Flows, add RPA steps and edit sequences using the various built-in tools (e.g., RPA Recorder, RPA Sequence Editor, RPA Capture, etc.)
- Optionally add attended Event Triggers to automatically invoke a X-Designer Flow when a specific UI event occurs, in real time, or at specified intervals.
- During runtime, X Platform invokes the RPA sequences as needed, sending call requests to the appropriate JBot for execution. When appropriate, JBot also 'listens' to Agent desktop activities and sends the values and attributes of specific UI objects back to X Platform in real time, to be used by the Flow.
- Monitor RPA execution details using the RPA Monitor in the X-Console, enabling detailed logging for review and analysis following an automation.